Wednesday, June 11, 2008

chicklets for teeth

i had to go to the dentist today to get some impressions taken for a night gard i'm going to have to start wearing. apparently i clench/grind my teeth at night.

fact about me: i get the giggles at the most innappropriate times.
today i was thinking about how big my mouth is, and if whenever i go to the dentsit and they tell me to open really big and i do, if they ever think "holy shit that's a big mouth!"
so taking the impressions was really awkward caz i had a big dumb grin on my face the whole time.

Photobucket
also, question: what does headgear actually do, besides embarress the heck out of the wearer?

2 comments:

Craig A. Bailey said...

I grind my teeth in my sleep too, it's terrible. I find that I have to clench my jaw to sleep properly, I can't get comfortable with my mouth open, or the like. Also, I used to have a cat that would grind her teeth all the time. It was gross, because she'd sit on the back of the couch while I was on it and start grinding away, really loud! Yuck. I think that the headgear is to keep the persons skull from exploding under the super pressure from ultra-braces. Just a theory, but it makes sense.

Notme2000 said...

I wore head-gear... It hurt.