Monday, June 16, 2008

kidney's, bitches, and milk

this weekend was pretty good. very family filled, which for once was a good thing!

Photobucket
on saturday, my dad and i finally put up the wallpaper on the one wall in my room, and i think it looks pretty fantastic. since we moved, i'm redecorating my room with a somewhat "vintage" feel. the wallpaper is textured so you can paint over it and create cool effects. i'm kind of loving it white, so i may just leave it, but we'll see. the other walls i'm painting a soft bluey green color or a pinky purple color that i had in my last room. i think i'll end up with the bluey green just so i have a nice change. putting up the wallpaper turned into a lot more intense of a task then intended and somehow ended up with me getting wallpaper glue in my hair. my dad and i had some giggles though, so it was well worth it.

for father's day today, after work my family sat around and had a real family dinner with steak and bean salad (which i had never tried until tonight because i always assumed it would be gross, not sure why. it turned out to be pretty tasty, but the texture of some of the beans i didn't find too appealing. i hate that grainy mush texture of kidney beans and chickpeas.) we then went out for ice cream and played a few family fun games like pictionary and taboo. my sister and i slaughtered the folks with our skills. highlights of taboo (the game where you try to make your team mate say a word without using a few really important words written on the card):

for the word job:
vanessa: you have two of them and sometimes you get stressed out and worry about them...
me: KIDNEYS!!
*everyone bursts out laughing*

for the word jewels:
me: our dog!
vanessa: jewel!
me: ya but plural!
vanessa: bitch!
me: what? no plural!
vanessa: BITCHES!

for the word diary:
me: I'M LACTOSE INTOLERANT MEANING I CAN'T HAVE...
*dad who's checking to make sure i don't use the key words, starts laughing and giving me a weird look and i realise it says DIARY not DAIRY*

sometimes families are well needed and can serve up a lot of laughter. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments: