Friday, July 25, 2008

hey, so i'm in bulgaria. and so far the trip's been good. we're staying at a fancy ski resort here (since its summer, we're pretty much the only ones here which is cool). it's about a 30min walk to the closest little town. it kind of reminds me of banff, but with grassy mountains and knock off sport brands. its very touristy. tonight we're going into an actual town for some food and partying which should be fun :) we went on a gondola ride earlier today which was sweet, because ut went so much higher than we thought it did and after a good 30 minutes...

uhm, so side note, i was just heating up my curling iron, and this morning when i used it it reeked of burning and i didn't know why. marcus told me their voltage is a lot higher over here so i was like "ok whatever, i guess this will just work faster" well, i guess its a hell of a lot hotter than i thought because my curling iron just MELTED and then fell apart! lol wicked...it was my best one! maybe i'll see if i can buy another in a shop somewhere lol. weird.

anyway, on with my story, so after 30 min or more, we arrive at the top of the mountain and theres mist everywhere. it looks like a shot out of wrong turn or something. and theres these random thin men about who look like sailors you see in scary movies. we found this little cabin at the end of a trail that was the exact image again from a horror film...hey i guess if i ever become a cinematographer filming horror, i know where to come. the people inside were didn't really speak english and i think bulgarians speak russian so they appeared really intimidating. they were nice though lol. to use the washroom i had to walk by a stray limping dog to the back of the cabin into a random bathroom. whenever i ask for a bathroom or washroom, the bulgarians look at me weird so i say toilet and they laugh and point be in the right direction.

i just realised I'm rambling so i'll stop lol, i'll tell you all more interesting things when i get home. oh, my camera is whacked so i may buy a disposable, those are fun. miss you all!

p.s: this post is bad spelling galore because I'm typing on a laptop and the spell check isn't working. so deal with it! X

1 comment:

Craig A. Bailey said...

I dealt with it. I'm glad you're having a great time, Lauren!