Monday, August 18, 2008

take me away to a far away land

Photobucket

i'd been reading and dozed off. when i woke up i was so confused at the fact that i was in my living room and not in england. for a second i worried something must have happened and i'd fallen asleep through my trip and had been returned home. really weird and disorienting. i was really upset and confused for a few minutes before the last week caught up with me. i have circle imprints on my hands from the blanket, i must have been holding on tight.

in other news i rode my bike to the far library and read outside on my porch all day. at least it's sunny and hot here.

i got:
-in the company of the courtesan by sarah dunant (i'd read another of hers, birth of venus that was good, so thought i'd give this one a try)
- the giver by louis lowry (i read such a long time ago in jr.high i think, and had always meant to read it again. should be a quick read)
-flowers for algernon by daniel keyes (in high school, the other english class read this and it sounded really interesting)

3 comments:

Andi said...

i loved the giver.. read it again just a couple months ago. You have such a different veiw on all of it when reading it when your older. At least I did.

Notme2000 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Notme2000 said...

Weird! You totally just listed two of my favorite books! The Giver was awesome, in fact Andi was borrowing my copy. And Flowers For Algernon still makes me cry. But only a single tear. It's still manly if it's just a single tear.