Thursday, May 26, 2011

"I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work so I called him at home and then he e-mailed me to my Blackberry and so I texted to his cell and then he e-mailed me to my home account and the whole thing just got out of control. And I miss the days when you had one phone number and one answering machine and that one answering machine has one cassette tape and that one cassette tape either had a message from a guy or it didn't. And now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting."
-he's just not that into you


lame movie to be quoting, but it's true. i've talked about this before, and i'm sure i'll talk about it again. i get creeped out at how connected we are through technology, and how we can be reached everywhere at every time.
and if i forget to bring my phone with me somewhere, i think about what i may be missing. or if i leave my phone somewhere in my house that i'm not, and then, two hours later, see that i have a missed call/text/voicemail, then i feel guilty.

it's too weird how much technology controls most of us,
i say while writing on my blog for all the internet to see.

No comments: