Tuesday, July 15, 2008

sometimes, i can be such a girl

so last night on a whim, kels and i went and got our nails did. i got a pedicure which was really weird. the chair i sat in was a massage chair that did a full back of body massage and had some weird pumps in the seat that would pretty much just squeeze my ass (i bet it was just a person hiding in the seat copping a feel). then he cut my toe nails (weird to have someone else do, and kind of gross), and then scrubbed my feet with a file and some big scrapper thing! grooooss. also, me feet are super ticklish so i was trying to hard not to kick the guy in the face the whole time. after he did whatever to my feet, he exfoliated my legs from the knee down (which hurt a little caz the scrub he used had super huge sand grains in it and he was rubbing really hard) and then massaged my legs with lotion...i was not expecting my legs to be apart of the process. anyway, then he painted my nails and blah blah blah it looked nice. just such a weird experience. he did a good job, but i think it's safe to say, i wont be getting a pedi for a loooooong time.

also went and got my hair done today (color and a trim). same color as always. i missed my connecting bus caz my first one was way late. so then i had to bum around for 30 min and then when my bus finally came, and i'm already 20 min late for my appt, i missed my stop and got off 6 or 7 stops late and had to jog to my appt and got there 35 min late :( i hate buses and i hate being late.

but then my day got better and i met up with cal and we went to the zoo/for ice cream/for talks/skipped stones (aka he did and i watched because i don't know how)/and went into some cafe.
here are some pictures:
Photobucket
the overy centre, where the eggs are kept

Photobucket
meerkat manner! they love each other <3

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
(it wasn't as easy to get in as we'd remembered)

Photobucket
i thought blue jays were extinct because i hadn't seen them around in years! craig said they weren't, but here's solid proof! hurray!

and some randos:
Photobucket
i pulled into the safeway parking lot, and the car across from me was dressed up as a japanese tourist

Photobucket
aw, this picture always makes me pout laugh

No comments: