Monday, November 10, 2008

kinda like a time machine

i had a really good birthday. friday was a highlight, so thanks for that!

on friday me and a few friends went to wasabi for dinner which was terrific. my friend kevin came which i was super happy about because i haven't gotten to hang out with him in ages! then we trotted across the street for karaoke which i now know how to spell lol, and it was also ridiculous and funny. ended the karaoke with my favorite song to sing, semi-charmed life by third-eye blind. i woke up the next morning with no voice. my ride had to leave after the sing-a-long so she drove kelsey, craig and i back to craigs to get his car, but the fierceness of the weather kept us there where we drew pictures, drank and wrapped me in saran wrap for reasons unknown to us. i guess we thought it would be funny. it was.

saturday i had an early morning family photo shoot (my sis and i got it as a gift for my folks for their 25th anniversary) and it went well i guess. pretty cheesy but that's ok. when i got to work, kelsey (from work) and april surprised me with songs, candles and cupcakes. made me grin. i really like the girls from work! right after work i headed to kelseys (non-work kelsey) and had diner, got dressed and headed out for round two of birthday parties, but this time it was for my friend paul. tried to get into a few clubs but they were insane so we ended up at the st.b hotel (super scuzzy, but the music was my style so i was into it). silly dancing, techno and 40 yr old men with no teeth were included n that experience. it was pretty fun. after the bar closed we over stuffed a car and went to johnny g's where simone (craig and my favorite waitress) was there, smokey voice and all. the ride home was another mix of sing-a-longs to both man man (where we all made up lyrics) and flight of the conchords. again it was a great night. and again i had no sleep.

sunday (my actual birthday) was really nice and chill, even though again i had no sleep. plenty of phone calls, hugs and food. my folks surprised me with a stereo (which i desperately needed because i've been having to use my dvd player which buzzes since my stereo broke 9 months ago!) and the stereo has a dock for my pod so i can listen to tunes from that. my sister bought me the box set of my so-called life which i'm already half-way through :)

thanks to all the people i love for making me feel awesome all weekend <3



toothpaste kisses - the maccabees


everybody's gotta learn sometimes - the korgis
(there's a cover done by beck for eternal sunshine of the spotless mind)

No comments: