Thursday, February 19, 2009

funny things

so i think i have an explanation as to why i'm a fairly awful story teller. it's because i'm pretty animated when i talk about anything, that people expect my excitement is due to what i'm telling them. so they get excited, and get their hopes up for a doosey of a story when really i'm just stating facts about my day. it also might be because i find everything interesting and everything is not interesting to everyone.

the other weekend, tim told me he imagines that when i tie my shoes i'm extremely excited and expressive. the comment came out of no where (or so i thought), but maybe now it makes sense why everyone laughed and nodded in agreement. is it really that bad to get excited about talking?....maybe. maybe that's why i get hired in retail. since working in the dress store especially, you have to be super pumped about everything.

my dog just drooled all over my sweat pants, gross.

it's odd that people tell me i'm funny, but tell me i'm awful at story telling. and yet, i know people who are unfunny, but amazing story tellers. how does that work?!

i think my sense of funny is a "you had to be there" type. i remember once kelsey and i laughed so hard we couldn't breathe and we were crying....because of the tassels on a blanket...
easily amused. but hey, at least i laugh a lot.

here is a tatse of things i found funny. someone posted them on fb i forget who:



1 comment:

Notme2000 said...

You're still a better story teller than me. I tend to tell stories like they're essays.