Monday, September 7, 2009

funny because it's true

just some funny thoughts that stumbleupon led me to, apparently from this place (click).

"Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk. "
-always. sometimes i even cross the street, just in case..

"Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it. "
-it's not so much that i didn't know what was going on, it was more that as a kid you miss half the jokes that are meant for adults. i remember watching wallace and grommit: curse of the wererabbit, and there's this one part where wallace is naked holding a box up to cover his body, and the box says "may contain nuts". guaranteed no child noticed or got the joke.

"I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it. "
-i think this goes for every movie buff/movie snob out there. basically my entire uni faculty.

"How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said? "
-haha, i got caught for smiling/nodding too often, so now i usually ask twice, and then if i still don't hear it ask "sorry, one more time?" and if i still don't understand i just laugh and say "i'm sorry i'm def or something, i have no idea what you're saying"...but then again, this goes right out the window when drinking is involved, the smile and nod comes back full throttle.

"I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. "
-very very true.

------------


(sorry, no idea where i found this. probably funeralface.)

in other news:

i went to gimli yesterday and stayed the night, it was a lot of fun. i missed the majority of the after midnight partying though because i got sick and fell asleep lol, go me.
EITHER WAY i pretty much spent my entire day at the beach, then at a few people's houses/cabin's for the evening. we did some laying around, cartwheeling, inflatable boating, swimming, inflatable boat attacking, badminton, dancing, video game playing, music listening, and a whole lot of smiling. i had fun :)

No comments: