Sunday, January 10, 2010

I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It’s looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, which is what I do. And that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.
— Dr. Seuss


it's kind of funny how everyone wants to hear that everything is going to be ok. even though we know it's not true. it's still comforting to hear the lie.



dear 2009,
you were interesting and brought along a lot of new experiences and interesting people. i had some amazing times and a few tear jerking moments, but those are alright too. each have their place. so i dunno, guess i'm just saying thanks for being interesting.
love lauren

dear 2010,
everyone starts off with a list of things they'd like to change for the new year. my changes included to be more positive, be healthier, happier, and say yes to any new experience. so far so good. yes it's only been a week, but i'm feeling good, i'm feeling positive, i've been out practically very day/night, and i'm surrounded by great, beautiful people. i have a good feeling about this year. it'll be surprising and interesting if nothing else. i'm open to everything.
love lauren



two shots from nye by my friend fabien.
my new years was filled with hugs and affection of every kind. it was nice. in that first shot i remember pat just hugging me and telling other people to come and hug us and i think artemis was giving me a hand massage. makes me laugh because i've just collapsed into the hug. nye was silly and perfect.

1 comment:

Islandia Lane said...

I just stumbled across your blog but I have to say that hug pic of you is too adorable!