Thursday, April 28, 2011

big hairy deal




these pictures were taken almost exactly 2 years apart.
so strange. i was at a totally different place in my life two years ago.
to me, they hardly look like the same person.

sometimes i miss being bright blonde.
but, in the end i like being more natural.
it's a lot less upkeep.

----

i feel that over the past two years, i've definitely grown up a lot. i have much higher self-esteem, for one. i've always been opinionated, but i didn't always stand up for myself in the past. i no longer apologize for everything, even if it's not my fault, just to avoid confrontation. i'm a lot more open with people about my fears and feelings. i don't put up with people who don't respect me.
i feel like i'm in a huge transition period right now, and i am so ready for it.
i feel the strongest i have in a long time.

biggest lesson learned: take things at face value. don't over analyze. go with the flow and see what happens.


this post is so corny, but it's true.

No comments: