Friday, April 15, 2011

don't put me in a vintage or antique store and expect me to not buy anything.

yesterday i bought a typewriter. it's missing it's ribbon, but i'm pretty sure it could still work if i wanted to use it. right now it's purely for decoration.

except in my current living arrangement i have absolutely no where to put it...so it's sitting on a towel on my floor haha.

it's a beast! it weighs 35 pounds!!

i like it. it was a good find for $15.

it seems every time i walk into a vintage/antique store i walk out with either an accessory or a gadget of some sort (usually a camera). i'm ok with that.


3 comments:

Katie said...

psssssst
JFT Typewriters on portage avenue is where I get my ribbon from. The place looks like a warehouse full of paper-realted products but if you ask for ribbon for an Underwood, they will produce!
in the meantime, she's a beaut - functional or not!

lou said...

thanks for the tip!

p.s: i've tried commenting on your blog several times, but for some reason it never works :(

Katie said...

really??! that's awfully sad! hmm keep trying? what happens when you try?