Thursday, August 21, 2008

my sister and i...

...think we're really funny

Photobucket

Photobucket

last night was my parents 25th wedding anniversary. kind of nuts. my mom got married when she was a few months older than i am right now. i can't see myself ready for that at all at 19, but times were different in those days and people did get married in their teens rather than their late 20's/30's that people do now. it's been interesting watching their relationship. they told us a bunch of stories from over the past 25yrs that they remember having together and some were actually pretty funny:

-my dad's best friend al (who is now my god-father) actually got to my mom first and they dated for 2-3 weeks. neither my mom or al were really feeling it though and they were going to break up. at a social my mom, my dad and al were at, my dad got al to break up with my mom so he could swoop in because he really liked her lol

-my dad even remembers what she was wearing the first night they met (which is amazing because my dad won't even remember a conversation we had in the morning by night), so that was really cute

-my parents birthdays are about a week apart and when they were 21 and 24, they had each planned a surprise party for the other (and invited the exact same people) on two consecutive nights with out either of them finding out :)

it's nice to know that even after all these years and many rough patches, they still love each other.

2 comments:

Andi said...

where are those?

lou said...

outside the fairmont hotel downtown